Supplementing arts curriculum with professional Teaching Artists
Pentacle’s In-School Programs provide culturally responsive-sustaining education for K-12 students in topics related to the dance field, inspiring them to explore a range of careers in the performing arts. Building upon our successful model of providing both artistic and career mentorship at the professional level, Pentacle’s In-School Programs are designed to be flexible, fitting the needs of a broad range of partner schools, supplementing their arts curricula, and providing them with mission-driven, socially conscious teaching artists that reflect the diversity of their student body.
- The Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts - Manhattan
- Talent Unlimited High School - Manhattan
- P.S. 86 The Irvington - Brooklyn
- I.S. 349 Math, Science and Technology - Brooklyn
- I.S. 562 The Evergreen Middle School - Brooklyn
- William Cullen Bryant High School (grades 9,10, & 11) - Queens
- South Bronx Charter School for International Cultures and the Arts (grades K-5) - Bronx
- Lower Manhattan Arts Academy (grades 9-12) - Manhattan
- Bronx Dance Academy (grades 6-8) - Bronx
- Frank Sinatra School of the Arts (grades 9-12) - Queens
- Gramercy Arts High School - Manhattan
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis High School for International Careers - Manhattan
Pentacle’s In-School Programs are supported, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council. Pentacle receives private support for its In-School Programs from The Hyde and Watson Foundation, The Lotos Foundation, and the West Harlem Development Corporation.