Pentacle’s In-School Programs instruct K-12 students in contemporary dance and choreography while inspiring them to explore a range of careers in the performing arts. Building upon our successful model of providing both artistic and career mentorship, Pentacle’s In-School programs are designed to fit the needs of a broad range of partner schools, addressing holes in their arts curricula, and providing them with mission-driven, socially conscious teaching artists that reflect the diversity of their student body.
- The NYC Department of Education’s Curriculum Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in Dance;
- Common Core State Standards;
- NYS Learning Standards in the Arts.
For over 15 years, Pentacle has partnered with NYC public and charter schools, including:
- Talent Unlimited High School (grade 10) - Manhattan
- William Cullen Bryant High School (grades 9,10, & 11) - Queens
- South Bronx Charter School for International Cultures and the Arts (grades K-5) - Bronx
- Lower Manhattan Arts Academy (grades 9-12) - Manhattan
- Bronx Dance Academy (grades 6-8)- Bronx
- Frank Sinatra School of the Arts (grades 9-12) - Queens
- Gramercy Arts High School - Manhattan
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis High School for International Careers - Manhattan
Pentacle’s In-School Programs are supported, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts (AIE Program) with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.