JOIN PENTACLE’S TEAM OF IMPACTFUL ARTS ADMINISTRATORS
Seeking one full-time staff person to fill the role of Fiscal Associate. Interested applicants must apply before June 15th, 2023.
Pentacle’s mission is to design and provide unique and robust programs of support for performing artists at critical stages in their careers. At the same time, Pentacle enriches the cultural landscape through cross-sector partnerships in multiple communities across NYC and the U.S. Since 1976, Pentacle has been a model in the arts administration field, enabling performing artists to focus on what they do best—create art and engage with audiences.
JOB TITLE: FISCAL ASSOCIATE
About the Position:
The Fiscal Associate will work in the Fiscal Department reporting directly to the Fiscal Services Manager and the Executive Director. Pentacle’s Fiscal Services include fiscal administration, bookkeeping, and fiscal sponsorship…each program offering different levels of fiscal support for both non-profit companies and unincorporated artists at different stages in their careers. As a Fiscal Associate you will be working with artists to help support the overall financial wellness of their artistic entity and further support them in creating a sustainable business model.
- Bookkeeping for 501c3 arts organizations, including but not limited to debit and credit card disbursement, bill payments, A/P and A/R management, and check and deposit allocation
- Payroll Administration & Tax Filings
- Invoice Management
- Insurance Policy Coordination
- Audit Preparation
- Basic administrative tasks
- Working one-on-one with both emerging and established artists
- Correspondence with multiple artists/companies at a time
- Attendance at company staff meetings, professional development workshops, and events
- Aligns with Pentacle’s mission and values
- Interest in fiscal management and administration
- Ability to work with artists in a non-profit setting
- Comfortable working individually and within a team setting
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent multitasker
- Great leadership skills
- Proficiency in essential computer software (e.g., Google Suite Apps, Microsoft Office, Zoom), and/or comfortable learning new computer software
- Must be able to work onsite at our office 3 days per week. The other 2 days may be worked remotely or at the Pentacle office located in the Financial District of NYC.
- Previous administrative experience
- Basic accounting and/or bookkeeping knowledge
- Experience working with multiple clients
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Salary: $20.00/hour
- Benefits include: Paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, health benefits, performance ticket stipend, flexible schedule, participation in TransitChek program
Please fill out our Application Form to apply. Interested applicants should apply sooner than later. The last day we will accept applications is July 7th. If you have any questions, please email Clarissa Soto Josephs at email@example.com.