Join Pentacle’s team of Impactful Arts Administrators
Seeking one part-time and one full-time staff person to fill the roles of Fiscal Associate.
Pentacle’s mission is to design and provide unique and robust programs of support for performing artists at critical stages in their careers. At the same time, Pentacle enriches the cultural landscape through cross-sector partnerships in multiple communities across NYC and the U.S. Since 1976, Pentacle has been a model in the arts administration field, enabling performing artists to focus on what they do best—create art and engage with audiences.
About the Position
Pentacle is seeking a part-time Arts Administrator to join its energetic and experienced staff. They will work the majority of their hours as a Fiscal Associate in the Fiscal Department. Fiscal Services offers fiscal support for both non-profit companies and unincorporated artists at different stages in their careers.
Job Title: Fiscal Associate
- Bookkeeping for 501c3 arts organizations, including but not limited to debit and credit card disbursement, bill payments, A/P and A/R management, and check and deposit allocation
- Payroll Administration & Tax Filings
- Invoice Management
- Insurance Policy Coordination
- Audit Preparation
- Perform basic administrative tasks as they arise
- Work one-on-one with both emerging and established artists
- Correspond with multiple artists/companies at a time
- Attend company staff meetings, workshops, and events
- Interest in fiscal administration
- Ability to work with artists in the non-profit setting
- Comfortable working individually and within a team setting
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Great leadership skills
- Supports Pentacle’s mission
- Prior office experience
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Desire to move up to full-time status in the future
The part-time position will be 20-30 hours per week. The full-time position will be 40 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please fill out our Application Form to apply. Please apply sooner than later if you are interested, the last day we will take applications is March 9. If you have any questions, please email Alex Goleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.