Pentacle is hiring teaching artists-in-residence at our partner schools for our Behind the Scenes Program to mentor in the pre-professional level of dance, production and entrepreneurship.
We are looking for candidates who could fulfill 1 or both roles of Artistic Mentor and/or Business Mentor. The Artistic Mentor will work closely with the students to help them realize their artistic visions, and the Business Mentor will provide guidance on arts administration and management in collaboration.
Past curriculum has included: Arts Administration, Choreography & Performance, Fundraising & Development, PR & Communications, and Production.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proven history of prior work demonstrating high motivation, strict attention to detail, and rigorous approach to developing a robust and creative movement-integrated program.
- Passion and commitment to an inclusive community and dance field at large
- Interest in innovative methods and dance as a critical and creative practice integral to lifelong learning
- Ability to interface with public and independent schools in New York City
- Effective and appropriate youth supervision skills
- Experience working with youth-level dance education required
- Must be professionally active in the field
- Plan, implement, and assess the year-long, in-school residency in partnership with Pentacle and school
- Create a safe, positive, and critical environment for self-expression and learning in the classroom
- Actively participate in reflection sessions after each semester to evaluate performance of program and opportunities for advancement and growth
- Liaise with Pentacle, co-mentor, school administration, and students
- Attend and play an active role in any long-term projects and events (ex.- final dance concert and dress rehearsals)
- Attend partnership check-in meetings
- Facilitate student evaluation process
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor as an ambassador of Pentacle
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please e-mail cover letter and CV attached as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any supplementary links to media may be included within the PDF.