Seeking one full-time staff person to fill the role of Nonprofit Account Associate
Join the Pentacle team! Pentacle works closely with performing artists and arts organizations in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors. We are looking for NYC-based individuals looking to build a career in arts administration and who are passionate about serving early to mid-career artists. Interested applicants should review the job description below and apply via the link provided at their earliest convenience.
The Nonprofit Account Associate will report directly to the Director of Fiscal Services, Alex Goleman, and work within a team of arts professionals working together to bring administrative support to the artists. Pentacle’s Fiscal Services offers fiscal support for both non-profit companies and unincorporated artists at different stages in their careers, which includes bookkeeping, fiscal sponsorship, payroll administration, and more.
• Bookkeeping for 501c3 arts organizations, including but not limited to debit and credit card disbursement, bill payments, A/P and A/R management, and check and deposit allocation
• Payroll Administration & Tax Filings
• Invoice Management
• Insurance Policy Coordination
• Audit Preparation
• Basic administrative tasks
• Working one-on-one with both emerging and established artists
• Correspondence with multiple artists/companies at a time
• Attendance at company staff meetings, professional development workshops, and events
• Aligns with Pentacle’s mission and values
• Interest in fiscal management and administration
• Ability to work with artists in a non-profit setting
• Comfortable working individually and within a team setting
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent multi-tasker
• Proficiency in essential computer software (e.g., Google Suite Apps, Microsoft Office, Zoom), and/or comfortable learning new computer software
• Must be able to work onsite at our office in NYC
• Minimum 1 year of administrative experience
• Basic accounting and/or bookkeeping knowledge
• Experience working with multiple clients
Compensation and Benefits:
• This is a full-time position (40 hours per week)
• Salary: $18-20/hour
• Benefits include: Paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid volunteer time, health benefits, performance ticket stipend, flexible schedule, participation in TransitChek program
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and cover letter via the application link.
Pentacle’s mission is to design and provide unique and robust programs of support for performing artists at critical stages in their careers. At the same time, Pentacle enriches the cultural landscape through cross-sector partnerships in multiple communities across NYC and the U.S. Since 1976, Pentacle has been a model in the arts administration field, enabling performing artists to focus on what they do best—create art and engage with audiences.
Questions about your application? Email Alex Goleman at email@example.com.