Pentacle’s mission is to design and provide unique and robust programs of support for performing artists at critical stages in their careers. At the same time, Pentacle enriches the cultural landscape through cross-sector partnerships in multiple communities across NYC and the U.S. Since 1976, Pentacle has been a model in the arts administration field, enabling performing artists to focus on what they do best—create art and engage with audiences. Learn more at www.pentacle.org
Pentacle’s Booking Department represents a curated selection of established and emerging contemporary dance and theater artists currently touring. Our Roster Artists are recognized for their artistic integrity, individuality and investment in community engagement. Pentacle’s Booking Department offers artist representation services which entails working closely with the artists, their personnel and presenters in securing engagements. We are a small, hands-on department whose goal is to ensure a successful and positive experience for the artist, presenter and audience. In addition to booking engagements, staff communicates regularly with each artist, providing assistance in project planning and marketing strategies as needed to support them with present and long-term touring goals.
About the Position:
Booking Associate and Contract Manager
Pentacle is seeking a career-oriented person who is passionate about dance, dedicated to supporting dance artists, and is interested in artist management/representation in the performing arts. Ideal candidate is friendly and self-motivated with a professional disposition. Individual should be comfortable conversing with new people, whether that is over the phone, through email exchanges or in-person at conference settings. A willingness to collaborate, mediate, problem-solve and be proactive. Strong organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail and deadlines. Candidate should be attentive and show initiative and care in all aspects of their work. Some booking experience is a plus but not required if candidate is invested in learning on the job.
Booking Associate & Contract Manager duties will be approximately: 70% contract & art administration / 30% booking. As a small 2-person department, the Booking Associate & Contract Manager will work closely with the Director of Booking to manage various administrative aspects necessary for day-to-day operations and meeting end-of-the-season booking goals.
Contract Manager duties:
– Issue, track and execute necessary paperwork for engagements including letters of agreement, contracts, state tax paperwork as needed and processing visa petitions for our international artists.
Booking Associate duties:
– Maintain departmental database and company files which includes payment tracking, updating internal documents, creating marketing material as necessary and updating website and video files.
– Register and prepare for regional booking conferences and APAP. Keeping membership to regional organizations as well as NAPAMA, APAP and Dance USA up-to-date.
– Project Manage the yearly Pentacle Roster APAP Showcase in NYC.
– Coordinate tour logistics for select companies which includes but is not limited to: issuing marketing material to presenters, drafting tour itineraries and managing logistics which includes advancing workshops and other engagement activities, reserving hotel, airline and ground transportation.
– Negotiate and secure engagements for the Pentacle Roster Artists from select presenters in the Southern region from Pentacle’s existing database as well as identifying and developing relationships with new presenting organizations in the region.
This is a full-time salaried position. The general salary range for this position is $45K-$50K; plus commission potential based on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Ideal start date: immediately. Candidate will be required to work from the Pentacle office in New York City.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter via THIS APPLICATION LINK.
If you have any questions about your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org