Pentacle is offering three artists free membership to its Administrative Support Program (ASP) and free access to Pentacle’s Financial Urgent Care program (FUC). Through this bundled offering, Pentacle aims to help recipients adapt healthy business practices and build a strong infrastructure, in order to promote artistic sustainability. Applications will remain open until 11:59pm ET on June 15, 2022.
DESCRIPTION OF OFFERING
- Pentacle’s Administrative Support Program provides direct administrative services for artists looking to build more sustainable organizational operations under the guidance of Pentacle and alongside a cohort of artists with similar goals. Through ASP, artists have the opportunity to pick and choose from nine service offerings, bundling them together to use $1250 worth of services over the course of one year.
- Pentacle’s Financial Urgent Care program provides artistic entities with a financial assessment, diagnosis, and customized treatment plan outlining the next steps to building a strong financial structure. Through FUC, artists are paired with a Pentacle staff member to complete the assessment and provide an additional 5 hours of hands-on assistance.
Please note that Pentacle will be prioritizing applicants who identify as artists of color, LGBTQIA+ artists, artists who are immigrants, and/or artists with disabilities. Pentacle seeks to center these communities due to a history of limited access to services such as these, as well as the overall historically disparate impact on these groups’ abilities to practice their artforms in the United States.
Artists should ensure that each of the below requirements are met before beginning the application:
1. You are an individual performing artist, a performing arts company, and/or an arts service organization that serves performing artists.
2. You are based in one of NYC’s 5 boroughs.
3. Your budget size is no greater than $250,000.
4. You would specifically benefit from and be able to successfully utilize the services offered in Pentacle’s Administrative Support Program and Financial Urgent Care.
5. You have identified a need to focus on the financial and administrative side of your artistic entity, and are ready to take on the work that comes with this type of business development.
Applications will be reviewed by a team of panelists composed of mentors, Pentacle board members, and Pentacle staff. The panel will be ranking applicants according to:
1. Need for the Services Offered: Applicant’s needs align with the services provided in ASP and FUC.
2. Focus on Infrastructure Support: Applicant shows a commitment to establishing a strong business infrastructure for their artistic practice.
3. Clear Goal Setting: Applicant has thoughtfully set clear goals to use the two bundled services.
4. Equity: Applicant practices Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion within their business and/or performance practice.
May 18, 2022 - Application becomes available.
June 15, 2022 - Application closes at 11:59pm ET.
June 2022 - Panelists review applications.
July 1, 2022 - All applicants will be notified of acceptance or nonacceptance by this date. The three awardees will choose a date to begin their 1-year ASP contract, which may be anytime within 6 months of acceptance. The 5 hours of FUC are scheduled according to each awardee's need and as per Pentacle's suggestion.