Pentacle’s Cultivating Leadership in Dance provides an unparalleled opportunity for interns to receive the benefits of a structured internship program. Pentacle matches interns with participating dance artists/choreographers or non-profit organizations to provide a hands-on experience in the realm of arts administration.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2017 Session, which will take place from June 26th through August 14th. Deadline to apply: Friday, May 26th.
Participating companies work with interns for 10 hours a week over an 8 week period. Work responsibilities may include: assistance with archival projects, development research, aid with tour management, production preparation, collaboration on website development, and other projects specific to the company’s needs. Additionally, interns attend weekly educational seminars covering topics in arts administration and career exploration, while gaining access to a network of interns, Pentacle staff, and guest speakers.
Benefits to the participating intern include:
– Professional development workshops on topics in arts administration and career exploration
– A network of interns working for other dance companies and non-profit organizations
– Direct contact with working professionals in the arts administration field
– A clear work plan outlining your responsibilities
– A dedicated program person at Pentacle to help support the intern/company partnership and provide extra mentoring to the intern
We are looking for interns who have:
– Strong interest in the performing arts and non-profit administration
– Excellent computer and organizational skills
– Clear oral and written communication skills
– The ability to work independently & multi-task
– Exceptional leadership skills
If you are interested in applying as an intern, email your resume and completed Intern Questionnaire to Alex M Schell, Program Administrator of CLD, at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 26th.
If you are interested but unable to take part in this upcoming session, send an email letting us know that you are interested in applying for future sessions.
If you are a company/organization who is interested in having an intern work with you from June 26th to August 14th, email a completed Company Questionnaire to Alex M Schell, Program Administrator of CLD, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is May 26th. If you have any questions, feel free to call at 212.278.8111 ext 3430.